Thursday 27 December 2007

Continuing with the aprons

I made this one for the sister of my husband. It is made from quilting cotton with random handbags on it, rather a fun print and very colourful. Simply pleated onto a wide waistband with a large pocket and trimmed with pink bias binding.
The back has very long wide ties and for the photo I decided a super large bow would be cute.

I used my narrow hemming foot for the first time hemming the ties and it was so easy and gave a really neat result. I will definitely be using it again in the future.
The pocket is quite large with a mini pocket on the front. My mobile fitted quite neatly inside it. Another first was using one of the quilting stitches to applique some of the handbags to the mini pocket and to decorate the upper band of the pocket.
Overall I quite liked the boldness of the apron and the frivolity of it and I was reasonably pleased with my workmanship.

No comments: