Wednesday, 12 November 2008

More Dresses for Very Little Girls

I made all this from New Look 6794. The above shot is of view C over view B. This is all made from printed cotton and eyelet lace. Overall I am quite happy with this pattern but I think it is quite a bit bigger than I thought it would be.

This is view B on its own.

View C on its own. I liked the method of covering the collar seam with bias binding, it gives a very neat finish.

This is view C over view D with view B next to it. I think this is a really cute look too.

This is view D, the bloomers. I didn't have enough eyelet lace left to go around the legs of the bloomers so decided to gather some of the striped fabric so there was a combination of the same fabrics in these as well. Apart from the size being quite a bit larger than I thought it would be I think it all turned out rather well. Hope SIL likes it too.

Sewing for my Niece

I had a couple of nieces born this year and have decided that I should make a few really cute stuff for them. I have seen some really cute panties for girls who are just starting to crawl that had ruffles across the backside and decided to try to make some. I found this old Butterick 3949 pattern which had a pattern for a jumper style dress and some panties. I sorted though my stash and found this printed cotton remnant orange gingham with diasies. I made the jumper then made the panties and added eyelet lace to create the ruffles on the back. Overall it was quite quick and easy to make, hopefully my SIL likes it.