As it is winter here now, I have decided that I need some more long sleeve tops. I also thought I would have another go at making something out of jersey.
So after a bit of thought I hit on using New Look 6515 again. This time I wanted to try the cross over style. So I did a quick alteration to the upper bodice and this is what I came up with.
Front:Close up of bodice top and sleeve:
(that is just a piece of white fabric stuffed in the top for modesty, all always have to wear a cami under this one)
I still have to decide how I want the sleeves and the hem finished. I was thinking of putting a band on the sleeves and simply hemming the bottom.
I cut it as a size 16 and made it out of two jerseys from my stash. It has taken about 2 hours to put together. The banding around the neck is far from perfect, I was figuring out the construction techniques as I went along. I would also consider making the upper part in a smaller size, overlapping the front sections further and increasing the size around my hips.
Overall I think it is wearable and the concept has merit. I am considering making a version of this for my pregnant sister in law. I will make the front panel wider and longer and gather it under the bust as well for a more bump friendly shape. Just need to find the right fabric now.