Wednesday 13 June 2007

Football Dress

Last night was "State of Origin" and my DH was taking me to the cricket club to watch the game. As I'm a Queenslander I needed to wear something maroon and I didn't want to wear a footy jersey over jeans. I had previously thought it would be cute to have a special dress to wear to sporting events but had never actually gone though with it, so this was the perfect opportunity.


I used my vintage vogue pattern v2903 with some modifications.
I just wanted a simple top so I pined the yoke pattern pieces to the bodice pattern and cut it as one to eliminate the complex shoulder design. I also did not pleat the skirt.


I wanted something I could easily make in a day. So I raced out and bought 5 metres of maroon and white 1 inch gingham and this is what I came up with.


Front:

Back:


Side:


Close up:

I also bought maroon embroidery thread and have ideas of machine embroidering little Q's over the dress in random places. I figure it's a dress I can wear to any of my home states sporting events.





And by the way, Queensland Won!!!!!



The cane toads ate the cockroaches!

2 comments:

Vindi said...

Yea!! For your team! Lovely dress to be seen at a sporting event! Your husband must of been very proud to be beside you that night!

Unknown said...

I finally found it. Your's is lovely. I'm not having such luck with mine. The pleats are hating me. I hope mine turns out as beautifully as yours! The colors are great, I'm drooling.