Wednesday 9 July 2008

Simplicity 4041

I read a review for this pattern a while ago and thought I should give it a go. After checking my measurements I decided that I needed to make a size 18 view F. I modified it by adding piping between the waistband and skirt and adding inseam side pockets. I used a grey suiting fabric and lined it with poly lining fabric.

Overall I am please with my construction, even though I unpicked it before adding the waist band because I thought it was too big, changed my mind and resewed it back the way it was. I forgot I was going to add piping and had to unpick and redo the waist as well.


Front View:

Back View: I did a centered zipper application and was happy to see my piping lined up neatly.

In Seam Side Pockets:


Unfortunately I don't think this is a flattering style for me. It is a little too big in the waist and simply makes me look quite dumpy. But it moves beautifully when I walk, is super comfortable and the side pockets are really practical so I wear it to work regardless. I really must have a go at view B from this pattern, I do like how the bias pockets on the check fabric.

No comments: