Thursday 3 May 2007

A Skirt for Work

Yet Another 80's Creation!


This is another skirt I have made for work. It has nice deep side pockets so I don't lose my keys or the phone. The yoke is shaped in at the waist and is nice and snug. It is a higher waist line but I will probably always wear my shirts untucked anyway.

The fabric is from my stash, I think it was cotton.

A simple centred back zip.


I added bar tacks at the bottom of the pockets and at the top of the side splits.


This was the pattern I used. It was another pattern I had found in a second hand shop for about 50c. when I got it home I found out it had never been opened. I bought it because it included pockets, very important for work. I made view A in size 44 (European sizing) but still added about 3cm to the centre back. I may make view E one day too.

No comments: