My 1957 Dress all Finished
Well I finally got it done in time for the wedding on the weekend. There are a couple of things I think I would have liked to have done better, but overall I think it is quite alright. I had to take it in a bit more at the back around the waist and I had to reset the yoke and the sleeves.
Front view with the shoes I'll probably wear with it. I was going to wear black shoes but I got my hubby to take photos of me in the different options and I liked how the red shoes looked best.
I used a polished cotton with elastine. I think this is why I have pull marks around the waist as the weight of the fabric pulls the elastic in the fabric. It used about 7 metres of fabric, so overall not a cheap dress to make but I know no one else will be wearing one. It is shown with the crinoline underneath. I was contemplating putting a layer of black tulle on the bottom of the crinoline and having it show at the bottom of the skirt. I think it looks OK without it and I ran out of time.
I'll try to post some pictures of me and my hubby all dressed up.
Thanks for looking