Thursday 4 October 2007

Baby's Clothes

My recent holiday was to the UK to catch up with friends. My very good friend had a baby girl earlier this year and I decided I would make some little things for her.



Spotlight was having some pattern sales so I picked up a few patterns half price, including Burda 9717.

I also found in the $1 bin a piece of very soft flannel.

They came together to make this:


I had to try doing some decorative stitching around the hem and sleeves and after several trials on scrap fabric asked my DH for his opinion, he chose the hearts and I think it was the right choice. The pattern came together quickly and easily and I will probably use it again. A really good pattern.

It fit her perfectly.



Now the question I have for you is,everyone says "Cute!" as soon as they see it, are they honest or is this a subliminal message from the fabric?



I also made the Jacket in View B in a soft brown corduroy with delicate pink flowers , used pink fabric under the collar and on the backs of the ties and on the insides if the cuffs. I then top stitched the seams in fuscia pink. I didn't finish hemming and hand stitching until I got to the UK and completely forgot to take a photo of it before I gave it away. I will have to try and get my friends to send me a photo of their daughter wearing it. It is one of the things I am most proud of making.

No comments: