Tuesday 16 October 2007

Stash Busting Vintage



I recently made my first purchase of vintage patterns from the US and this was one of the things that was in my package. A simple button front dress from the mid sixties in a size 18 1/2 .
I had to do a full bust adjustment and added a bit more fullness to the skirt. The buttons are vintage shell buttons I found in an antique shop in Mt Tamborine.

I will probably wear it with a belt and a white petticoat . At the moment the only belt I have to wear with it is a black one but I think I will have to find a shiny white belt.
The fabric is a light weight cotton with raised dots and an embroidered white boarder bought on sale about a year ago. I have been waiting for a good pattern to use it.
This is a close up of the fabric.

I think it is a cute dress and will possibly make it again in a bright fabric for summer.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

That is a great dress! I'd love to see it modeled with the belt and the petticoat. I think it would be great to wear petticoats for everyday under fully skirts, but I wonder if people will think I'm overdressed or in costume. What kind of reactions do you get?

Unknown said...

This looks like another great pattern, and super cute!!
Did you have much trouble adjusting the pattern at all???
I have just bought 2 vintage patterns which will have to be adjusted (especially in the bust area).