Aprons for my family.
I have been looking at some really beautiful vintage apron patterns on line and have decided try making some as a stash busting exercise.
I have put together quite a few and have decided that as a way of giving my family members hand made goods I would give all the girls in my family an apron.
I will do this post in parts as there are quite a few to get through.
On ebay I got a little publication "Enid Gilchrist's : Pinnies 'n' Things" no publication date but probably from the early to mid 1970's.
This is a cross fronted apron made from printed cotton.
Pockets are a needed.
This was called a cover up apron. I liked the idea of the princess seam side panels and the pleating at the waist rather than gathers. I used a green binding for the edges. This is a heavy weave cotton.
I tried to match up the pocket as much as was possible.
I think what I will do is put all the aprons in one package and address it to everyone and they can chose the one they like the best.