Tuesday 13 November 2007

Apron Madness Part 2

Animal Aprons.


The apron story continues. This is a tunic style apron from the Enid Gilchrist book. I really like the shape of this one, a much shorter style but the ties are attached to the body inside tucks which give it a really cute shape. I also love the really big pockets on the front of this one.

Made from cotton drill with Dalmatian puppies and bones.
And a side view. The book suggest this could be worn as a top over a t-shirt, on a young person I think it could be a good look. I am tempted to try making one out of a fleece to give to my Grandma as a pop over to wear in the nursing home.


Another animal print cotton drill. This is a self drafted pattern based on an apron from a single yard of fabric from the 1920's. It is cut on the bias and the ties and pockets are made from the leftover fabric. I have tied this in front as it is a little large for my dummy.

Back view:
More to come!

No comments: