Monday, 30 April 2007

Sewing with Stretch: A Success Story!

Chocolate and Pink Lingerie

I have finally made something with stretch that I'm quite happy with.

I made this using Knitwit 5100. A pattern I picked up at a second hand shop for $1.


I have very narrow shoulders so generally don't like shoestring straps so decided to make a camisole using view B.

I had some chocolate jersey in my stash and had recently bought some chocolate and pink stretch lace and matching pink elastic.
So here is the camisole front:

And back:

And because they were in the pattern I had to make the matching knickers. Unfortunately I seem to have had a mental breakdown when I bought the pink elastic and only bought enough for the top.

It is all made on my new machine. No overlocker used. I LOVE my new machine! The seams are beautiful with no puckering or bubbling.

What do I really love about this pattern, the knickers fit really well and best of all the cami tops come in cup sizes! The top actually fits!! I will have to make this again in a variety of fabrics and colours.

2 comments:

Karan said...

Cat, everything you make comes out GREAT : ) I love the pink and brown together.

Šárka said...

OOOh, this is just so very very pretty! Good work, girl :-)