Sunday 1 April 2007

Simplicity 4118

Shift Dress with Shaped Neckline

Things have been a bit busy of late and I have been a bit lazy with updates.
Here is my latest creation.


Pattern: Simplicity 4118. View D. Size 18 with D cup bust.
Modifications: lengthen torso (above waist) by 5cm and shorten skirt by 5cm.
Fabric: Linen/rayon blend lined with poly cotton.

Side front:

Close up of neckline, it is slightly curved.


It is fully lined and I hand stitched the lining to the zip.

A close up of the frill on the hem. It is just below knee length.


I really love this pattern range with the separate patterns for B,C & D cups. I can get a good fit without the trouble of a full bust adjustment.

My aim was to achieve a more professional finish.

1 comment:

WritesforFoodMama said...

Your work is gorgeous! We're the same size it seems, and I wish I were as talented as you are.